Lightweight Deflectometer (LWD) for Quality Assurance of Compacted Sublayers and Earthwork
The objective of this study is to determine whether or not the lightweight deflectometer (LWD) test methods will provide equal, if not, superior embankment performance data compared to the current use of nuclear moisture-density gauges and will ultimately support environmental and economic sustainability of pavement design and construction processes in Alaska. Specific deliverables include: (1) special provisions for quality control and acceptance of soils and aggregates; (2) guidelines for testing and using the LWD; and (3) training materials for use of the LWD.
- Developing guidelines, preparing for work during construction.
- Status: Active
Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities RD&T23132 Channek Dr.
Juneau, AK United States 99801
Federal Highway AdministrationAlaska Division
709 West 9th Street, Room 851
Juneau, AK United States 99802-1648
- Start Date: 20220302
- Expected Completion Date: 0
- Actual Completion Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Deflectometers; Paving; Quality assurance; Test procedures
- Geographic Terms: Alaska
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Materials; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 01848330
- Record Type: Research project
- Source Agency: Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities
- Files: RIP, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jun 10 2022 2:22PM