Detecting Pile Length of Sign Structures and High Mast Poles
The objective of the project is to establish a field method, including a data analysis algorithm, for determining in-place pile lengths. A unique feature of the proposed work is the use of computational modeling to explore the effects of soil type and ground conditions on the sensitivity of the method. The length of each pile supporting a HMTL will be identified through a systematic sensing approach that includes (i) collection and classification of the pertinent foundation designs and soil conditions; (ii) three-dimensional (3D) simulation of dynamic soil-foundation interaction; (iii) parametric studies of the 3D pile vibration problem; (iv) field testing; and (v) analysis-driven data interpretation.
- Status: Programmed
St Paul, MN United States 55155
Guzina, Bojan B.
- Start Date: 20180701
- Expected Completion Date: 0
- Actual Completion Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Algorithms; Field tests; Piles (Supports); Soil structure interaction
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures;
- Accession Number: 01668374
- Record Type: Research project
- Source Agency: Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Contract Numbers: 1003325 WO#62
- Files: RiP, STATEDOT
- Created Date: May 2 2018 1:22PM