Evaluation, Laboratory Testing, Construction Documentation, and Field Testing/Monitoring of US52 Overflow Bridge over Mississippi.
The objective of the project is to validate design assumptions and evaluate the performance of the structural components and construction approaches provided in the design documents. As the bridge construction approach is not yet finalized, research tasks are proposed with respect to all possible options including: (1) pretensioned prestressed concrete team (PPCB) supported partially precast prestressed deck system with precast overhang panels; (2) PPCB supported AccelBridge deck system; and (3) partially precast and post-tensioned pier cap system. The construction process for the selected option will be documented, and its pros and cons will be identified.
- Contract to a Performing Organization has not yet been awarded.
- Status: Active
- Funding: $124987
Iowa Department of Transportation800 Lincoln Way
Ames, IA United States 50010
- Start Date: 20161201
- Expected Completion Date: 20200531
- Actual Completion Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Bridge construction; Bridge decks; Bridge design; Bridge members; Evaluation; Laboratory tests; Monitoring; Performance; Prestressed concrete bridges
- Geographic Terms: Mississippi
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Design; Highways;
- Accession Number: 01645245
- Record Type: Research project
- Source Agency: Iowa Department of Transportation
- Contract Numbers: Addendum 596, 17-SPR0-014
- Files: RiP, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 30 2017 3:01PM