Development of Ballast Real Time Information System (BRIS) Based on "SmartRock"
This Innovations Deserving Exploratory Analysis (IDEA) proposal aims to develop and validate an integrated system - Ballast Real-time Information System (BRIS) - of hardware (SmartRocks) and software (Cloud Computing) components that can predict track substructure safety concerns due to ballast aggregate movements.
- Record URL:
- Contract to a Performing Organization has not yet been awarded.
- Status: Active
- Funding: $100000
IDEA Project 30
Safety Innovations Deserving Exploratory Analysis (IDEA)Transportation Research Board
500 Fifth Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20001
Pennsylvania State University,
- Start Date: 20170303
- Expected Completion Date: 0
- Actual Completion Date: 0
- Source Data: RiP Project 41483
- TRT Terms: Integrated systems; Railroad safety; Real time information; Software; Subballast
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 01628073
- Record Type: Research project
- Source Agency: Transportation Research Board
- Contract Numbers: IDEA Project 30
- Files: TRB, RiP
- Created Date: Mar 3 2017 1:00AM