WeatherShare Phase IV - Inclement Weather Testing
California has been in drought conditions since 2011 and has not seen an average winter in four years. Testing the WeatherShare III Visualization Tools has been based on mainly archived data from previous average winters. The problem is that this data is hit or miss and has not been reliably recorded from all of California's Roadside Weather Information System (RWIS) stations. In order to have a reliable statewide rollout of this software, the team has elected to add an additional testing phase to this project.
- Contract to a Performing Organization has not yet been awarded.
- Status: Active
- Sponsor Organizations:
- Start Date: 20151001
- Expected Completion Date: 20170930
- Actual Completion Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Drought; Road weather information systems; Roadside improvement; Software; Weather; Winter
- Geographic Terms: California
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Environment; Highways;
- Accession Number: 01620658
- Record Type: Research project
- Source Agency: California Department of Transportation
- Files: RIP, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jan 4 2017 10:57AM