The purpose of this Agreement is to secure a Contractor to support the California Department of Transportation's (Caltrans), Division of Research, Innovation and System Information (DRISI) by producing successful Preliminary Investigation (PI) reports which endorse the requesting Caltrans divisions' Strategic Goals of safety, stewardship, delivery, professional workforce, and system performance. The Contractor must have the ability to work cooperatively with DRISI managers, engineers, planners and administrative staff to ensure a quality product is delivered in an efficient manner. Caltrans is committed to suing all resources in the most effective and efficient manner. Prior to making investment decisions on research projects for a particular topic, DRISI conducts PI to review historical and existing nationwide and international research projects and practices on these topics. The PI report results are critical in assessing and prioritizing future research investments and project development. A PI report is a literature search and survey of best practices nationally and internationally. The PI are usually derived from research requests identified by DRISI's customers (Caltrans Division of Design, Construction, Environmental,Maintenance, Planning, Traffic Operations, and other Caltrans divisions). These request PI topics cover a broad range of transportation technical and strategic subject matters.
- Contract to a Performing Organization has not yet been awarded.
- Status: Active
- Sponsor Organizations:
- Start Date: 20130909
- Expected Completion Date: 20161031
- Actual Completion Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Best practices; Investments; Research projects; Strategic planning; Technical assistance; Traffic engineering
- Identifier Terms: California Department of Transportation
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 01620548
- Record Type: Research project
- Source Agency: California Department of Transportation
- Files: RiP, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jan 4 2017 10:54AM