PPRC14: "Improvement of Caltrans Pavement Management System (PaveM)"
Work in this task is designed to meet California Department of Transportation's (Caltrans's) needs for improved policies, operations, and business practices for the management of California's pavement resources and investments in the following areas: (1) Help Caltrans meet the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP21) requirements for asset management of pavements for both state and local government. (2) Improved sustainability of Caltrans's pavement network by reducing energy use, emissions, and use of new materials through recycling. Sustainability also considers minimizing the impact of the road network on surrounding human and ecological communities. (3) Improved delivery of pavement projects and services through new and improved methods and specifications for pavement management. (4) Optimized pavement performance and lower life cycle costs of pavement through improved capacity to model and calculate life cycle costs. (5) Reduced congestion from recurring maintenance and rehabilitation by use of improved design methods, and new materials and construction strategies and specifications. (6) Improved smoothness and safety as well as reduced noise from traffic on pavements, and through development and implementation of better pavement management approaches.
- Status: Active
- Sponsor Organizations:
- Performing Organizations:
- Start Date: 20140901
- Expected Completion Date: 20171130
- Actual Completion Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Asset management; Life cycle costing; Pavement maintenance; Pavement management systems; Pavement performance; Recycling; Sustainable development
- Identifier Terms: California Department of Transportation; Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP-21)
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 01620545
- Record Type: Research project
- Source Agency: California Department of Transportation
- Files: RiP, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jan 4 2017 10:54AM