PPRC14 SPE 4.52B: Microcracking for Cement Stabilized Layers: Phase 2 HVS & Field Testing
This task aims to develop laboratory design and construction procedures/specifications for microcracking/ precracking of new or in-place recycled cement stabilized layers to limit the effects of shrinkage related cracking, taking into consideration material properties, climatic factors, and cement contents. It will also consider interactions of different cement contents with microcracking and layer thickness design. of the system architecture. Task objectives are as follows: (1) Continued monitoring of pilot projects (California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) and county roads); (2) Test road identification, design, and construction; (3) Phase 2 laboratory testing; and (4) Research report and interim guidelines.
- Contract to a Performing Organization has not yet been awarded.
- Status: Active
- Sponsor Organizations:
- Start Date: 20150701
- Expected Completion Date: 20171130
- Actual Completion Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Cement content; Field tests; Laboratory studies; Microcracking; Pavement layers; Procedures; Shrinkage; Specifications; Stabilized materials
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Materials; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 01620526
- Record Type: Research project
- Source Agency: California Department of Transportation
- Files: RIP, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jan 4 2017 10:53AM