PPRC14 SPE 4.50: Performance-Related Specifications for Rubberized Asphalt Binder
This is a continuation of Task 2558 to develop supporting data/information for the writing of performance related Quality Control/Quality Assurance (QC/QA) specifications for mix design and mix placement of terminal blend and wet process asphalt rubber mixes. This project will use recently developed dynamic shear rheometer (DSR) test methods for assessing rubber binders and will include laboratory mix tests and field evaluations on new and recent projects. The project will also investigate potential changes in bending beam rheometer (BBR) test procedures for binders containing rubber.
- Contract to a Performing Organization has not yet been awarded.
- Status: Active
- Sponsor Organizations:
- Start Date: 20141001
- Expected Completion Date: 20170930
- Actual Completion Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Asphalt rubber; Bend tests; Bituminous binders; Mix design; Performance based specifications; Quality assurance; Quality control; Rheometers; Shear tests
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 01620522
- Record Type: Research project
- Source Agency: California Department of Transportation
- Files: RiP, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jan 4 2017 10:53AM