PPRC14 SPE 3.34: Improved Screening Tests for ASR
The objective of this project is to provide an overall high-level assessment of the presence of Alkali-Silica Reaction (ASR) in pavements and bridge decks and to determine whether there is any difference in the detection rate for concrete placed before and after the changes in California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) practice for mitigating ASR in the 1990s. The first part of research focuses on extent and historical risk of ASR for concrete pavements and structures, then appropriate testing methods and detection criteria are recommended to assure low risk of ASR on the California highway network.
- Contract to a Performing Organization has not yet been awarded.
- Status: Active
- Sponsor Organizations:
- Start Date: 20140701
- Expected Completion Date: 20171130
- Actual Completion Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Alkali silica reactions; Bridge decks; Concrete pavements; Pavement performance; Risk assessment; Test procedures
- Identifier Terms: California Department of Transportation
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways; Materials; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 01620519
- Record Type: Research project
- Source Agency: California Department of Transportation
- Files: RIP, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jan 4 2017 10:53AM