Identify the Data Requirements for Safety Screening to Identify High Collision Concentration Locations
The proposed research is to first identify the data requirements that includes roadway inventory data, accident data, and traffic volumes for safety screening with both type 1 and type 2 Safety Performance Functions (SPFs). The next activity is to identify what data is currently available in California Department of Transportation's (Caltrans’) databases and to come up with an action plan to extract the data in the near term. The next steps are to identify external sources of data to Caltrans that can be incorporated into the current data sets and then to arrive at a plan that includes scope, schedule, and cost to get a complete data set.
- Contract to a Performing Organization has not yet been awarded.
- Status: Active
- Sponsor Organizations:
- Start Date: 20150213
- Expected Completion Date: 20170930
- Actual Completion Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Crash data; Databases; High risk locations; Screenings; Traffic crashes; Traffic volume
- Identifier Terms: California Department of Transportation; Safety Performance Functions
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 01620503
- Record Type: Research project
- Source Agency: California Department of Transportation
- Files: RIP, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jan 4 2017 10:52AM