Hand-Held Diagnostic Controller for ITS Field Maintenance
The Hand-Held Diagnostic Controller is a device that enables field technicians to control Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) field elements and have a diagnostic platform for troubleshooting devices that are not working properly. This task builds on work previously done in-house by students and produces a deployable prototype to be tested in the districts. Work includes creating the sv170 protocol module for the Caltrans Model 500 series Changeable Message Signs, Cohu, Pelco and Sony Visca protocols for the camera units used within California Department of Transportation (Caltrans). Also included is the interface module and all supporting modules needed to produce a Hand-Held Diagnostic Controller. This task will also focus on documentation of the modules, as well as creating stubs for future field element development.
- Contract to a Performing Organization has not yet been awarded.
- Status: Active
- Sponsor Organizations:
- Start Date: 20130401
- Expected Completion Date: 20150930
- Actual Completion Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Diagnostic tests; Field tests; Intelligent transportation systems; Maintenance practices; Portable equipment; Variable message signs
- Identifier Terms: California Department of Transportation
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 01620502
- Record Type: Research project
- Source Agency: California Department of Transportation
- Files: RIP, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jan 4 2017 10:52AM