Early Opportunities to Apply Automation in California Managed Lanes
This project proposes to identify the specific opportunities to capitalize on the state’s managed lane network as early experimental and deployment sites for automated vehicles. The managed lanes are important in this context because they provide a means of concentrating equipped vehicles in close proximity to each other, with some degree of separation from other traffic, so that they can interact with each other as if they represented a larger fraction of the vehicle population than they really do on managed lanes.
- Contract to a Performing Organization has not yet been awarded.
- Status: Active
- Sponsor Organizations:
- Start Date: 20150701
- Expected Completion Date: 20171231
- Actual Completion Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Automated vehicle control for ground vehicles; Automation; Intelligent vehicles; Managed lanes; Traffic flow
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 01620490
- Record Type: Research project
- Source Agency: California Department of Transportation
- Files: RIP, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jan 4 2017 10:52AM