Determination of In-Situ Precast Concrete Girder Compressive Strength
There are no as-built precast concrete girder strength test results for the United States' inventory of over 1,200 precast girder bridges. When analyzing these structures for shear capacity under permit loading, the original "design" values for concrete compressive strength do not provide sufficient shear capacity under Load and Resistance Factor Design (LRFD) code and current design permit loading resulting in rating drops and subsequent route restrictions for the State's trucking industry.
- Contract to a Performing Organization has not yet been awarded.
- Status: Active
- Sponsor Organizations:
- Start Date: 20160301
- Expected Completion Date: 20170506
- Actual Completion Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Compressive strength; Girder bridges; Load factor; Precast concrete; Ratings; Shear strength; Trucking
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Highways; Materials; Motor Carriers;
- Accession Number: 01620481
- Record Type: Research project
- Source Agency: California Department of Transportation
- Files: RiP, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jan 4 2017 10:52AM