Culvert Project Planning Cost Estimate Tool
The objective of this research is to develop a cost estimating tool suitable to calculate a planning and budgetary cost estimate for standard culverts and for culverts that facilitate fish and wildlife movement. In the past when culverts were designed to ensure fish passage emphasis was often given to accommodate returning spawning runs of salmon. However, now designs are beginning to consider the stream and shoreline habitat requirements and need for unimpeded movement of slower and smaller fishes along with amphibians, turtles, and other aquatic and terrestrial organisms. These approaches generally result in constructing larger culverts than conventional hydraulic approaches. To be able to compare alternatives and plan for transportation projects, it is necessary to be able to provide planning level cost estimates for culverts that facilitate fish and wildlife passage.
- Contract to a Performing Organization has not yet been awarded.
- Status: Active
- Sponsor Organizations:
- Start Date: 20121130
- Expected Completion Date: 20160630
- Actual Completion Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Budgeting; Coasts; Cost estimating; Culverts; Fishes; Habitat (Ecology); Streams; Wildlife; Wildlife crossings
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Environment; Highways;
- Accession Number: 01620479
- Record Type: Research project
- Source Agency: California Department of Transportation
- Files: RiP, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jan 4 2017 10:52AM