Compliance Crash Testing of a MASH 2009 Test Level 4 Side Mounted Bridge Rail
There is a need for a Manual for Assessing Safety Hardware (MASH) 2009 Test Level 4 (TL-4) side mounted bridge rail in the State of California. The Highway Safety Features New Products Committee recognizes that crash testing of the side mounted TL-4 rated rail has a high priority because of the demand from various stake holders. California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) frequently encounter Right-of-Way issues or similar limitations which makes it impossible to place a regular bridge rail. Situations like this will required a side mounted bridge rail. This barrier will be used in areas where the posted speed limit will be more than 70 km/hr (45 mph).
- Contract to a Performing Organization has not yet been awarded.
- Status: Active
- Sponsor Organizations:
- Start Date: 20130701
- Expected Completion Date: 20161231
- Actual Completion Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Bridge railings; Compliance; Crash tests; Highway safety; Right of way (Traffic); Speed limits
- Identifier Terms: California Department of Transportation; Highway Safety Manual
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 01620038
- Record Type: Research project
- Source Agency: California Department of Transportation
- Files: RIP, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Dec 28 2016 11:39AM