AASHTO rep to IEEE ITS Working Group on Connected Vehicle Network Standards
In 2004, the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) selected the standards development organization The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) to develop standards for the network layers to be used for dedicated short range communications (DSRC), now a part of the Connected Vehicle initiative. Volunteers from industry, academia, and the public sector work on developing the language and technology for the standards. As part of the representation for the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) on the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Dedicated Short Range Communication (DSRC) Technical Committee, the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) provides critical representation for the public on the industry dominated committee by: Working cooperatively with the committee members and outside subject matter experts to make sure that the standards meet AASHTO needs and that the standards developed by IEEE and SAE work together as a complete system.
- Contract to a Performing Organization has not yet been awarded.
- Status: Active
- Sponsor Organizations:
- Start Date: 20070201
- Expected Completion Date: 20161022
- Actual Completion Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Dedicated short range communications; Intelligent transportation systems; Mobile communication systems; Standards
- Identifier Terms: American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials; California Department of Transportation; Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 01620023
- Record Type: Research project
- Source Agency: California Department of Transportation
- Files: RiP, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Dec 28 2016 11:39AM