Automated Identification and Quantification of Flexible and Rigid Pavement Distresses
There is a need for an automated computer application that can detect and quantify cracks in the flexible and rigid pavements from digital images. The envisioned computer application will have the capability to analyze digital images more efficiently than the manual method, detect and quantify the cracks extent, classify cracks by the type and severity, identify cracks location within a surveyed lane, reference their location linearly based on mileposts and spatially based on Longitude and Latitude. The computer application must be able to accomplish these functions automatically with minimal human intervention.
- Contract to a Performing Organization has not yet been awarded.
- Status: Active
- Funding: $249850.00
605 Suwannee Street MS-30
Tallahassee, FL United States 32399-0450
Fugro Roadware2505 Meadowvale Blvd.
- Start Date: 20150309
- Expected Completion Date: 20190331
- Actual Completion Date: 0
- Source Data: RiP Project 39229
- TRT Terms: Databases; Digital computers; Flexible pavements; Pavement cracking; Pavement distress; Rigid pavements
- Candidate Terms: Imaging systems
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 01557198
- Record Type: Research project
- Source Agency: Florida Department of Transportation
- Contract Numbers: BDZ36
- Files: RiP, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 19 2015 1:00AM