A Multi-Modal Freight Safety, Security and Environmental Routing Tool
The research will produce a geographic information system (GIS) framework to identify and categorize safety, security, and environmental risk along multimodal transportation networks. The categories will be useful for situational awareness analysis and risk assessment. The project will develop GIS routing algorithms with enhanced capability to minimize risks associated with freight transport while taking efficiency and cost into consideration. This area represents a significant contribution to both the state-of-the-art and industry practice, and serves as a foundation for future comprehensive transportation planning.
- Record URL:
- No final report was submitted.
- Status: Completed
- Funding: $30146500.00
U.S. Department of Transportation Research and Innovative Technology Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, S.E.
Washington, DC, 20590
- Start Date: 20120901
- Expected Completion Date: 0
- Actual Completion Date: 20131130
- Source Data: RiP Project 32896
- TRT Terms: Freight transportation; Geographic information systems; Multimodal transportation; Risk assessment; Routing; Safety; Security; State of the art; Transportation planning
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; I15: Environment;
- Accession Number: 01466655
- Record Type: Research project
- Source Agency: National Center for Freight and Infrastructure Research and Education (CFIRE)
- Contract Numbers: DTRT12-G-UTC19, RI-01
- Files: UTC, RIP, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 3 2013 3:21PM