Integrated TRansport and ENergy Baseline until 2030
The TRANS-TOOLS model is developed to be the core detailed transport analysis tool for the European Union (EU). Its policy forecasting capabilities can be significantly enhanced by linking it with state-of-the-art tools in the field of energy, environment and economic analysis. The iTREN-2030 project intends to create this linkages. The overall objective of the project is to extend the forecasting and assessment capabilities of TRANS-TOOLS to new policy issues, in particular those arising from the technology, environment and energy fields. The specific objectives are: (1) to link environmental assessment capabilities to TRANS-TOOLS by connecting to TREMOVE; (1) to link detailed energy price and technology driven cost changes to TRANS-TOOLS by connecting to POLES; (2) to measure indirect economic impacts of transport policies (welfare, GDP, employment), by connecting to ASTRA; (3) to extend forecasting horizon of TRANS-TOOLS and TREMOVE until 2030; (4) to generate a coherent baseline for: TRANS-TOOLS, TREMOVE, POLES, ASTRA; and (5) to consider user needs and compare with forecasts of previous studies.
- Record URL:
- Research institutions undertaking the sub-projects: Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Foerderung der angewandten Forschung e.V., Joint Research Centre, NEA Transport research and training, The Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research TNO, Transport & Mobility Leuven, TRT Trasporti e Territorio Srl, and Universitaet Karlsruhe (TH) Institut fuer Wirtschaftspolitik und Wirtschaftsforschung (IWW).
- Status: Active
Specific Research and Demonstration Programme Aimed at Integrating and Strengthening the European Research Area6th RTD Framework Programme
- Start Date: 20070401
- Actual Completion Date: 20090331
- Source Data: RiP Project 25436
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Energy; Environment; Forecasting; Integrated systems; Technological innovations
- Subject Areas: Energy; Transportation (General); I15: Environment;
- Accession Number: 01461623
- Record Type: Research project
- Source Agency: Transport Research Knowledge Centre
- Files: RiP
- Created Date: Jan 3 2013 1:49PM