Coordinating Action on Key Aerodynamic Technologies II
KATnet II is a coordinating action on Key Aerodynamic Technologies supporting the ACARE Vision 2020, and in particular it's Strategic Research Agenda. KATnet II's objective is to identify and assess those aerodynamic technologies that are needed to reach the Vision 2020 goals, and to be the European focus for these technologies. The results of this work will be reported in a strategy paper, which will be delivered to ACARE and other influential organizations in the field. KATnet II is proposed as the successor of the highly successful FP5 KATnet Thematic Network (2002 to 2005). The major objective of both projects is to maximize the industrial return of European R&TD investment. KATnet II addresses the relevant Technology Areas: Aircraft Configuration, Drag Reduction and Separation Control Technologies including the eight ongoing EU funded aeronautical projects/platforms AWIATOR, EUROLIFT II, FLIRET, HISAC, NACRE, REMFI, SUPERTRAC and TELFONA. Other relevant non-EU activities addressed by KATnet II are AIRnet, GARTEUR, ERCOFTAC and corresponding national programs.
- Record URL:
- Research institutions undertaking the sub-projects: Vyzkumny A Zkuebni Letecky Ustav, A.S., Office National d'Etudes et de Recherches Aérospatiales; Dassault Aviation, Airbus Deutschland GmbH, Dept. Aerodynamic and Flights (EGAGS1), Dziomba Aeronautical Consulting, Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V., EADS Deutschland GmbH - Military Air Systems, Alenia Aeronautica S.P.A., Airbus Espana S. L. Sociedad Unipersonal, Swedish Defence Research Agency, Qinetiq Ltd, and Airbus UK Limited.
- Status: Active
Aeronautics and Space - Priority Thematic Area 4 (PTA4)6th RTD Framework Programme
- Start Date: 20061001
- Actual Completion Date: 20090331
- Source Data: RiP Project 25514
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamic features (Vehicle body components); Aerodynamic force; Aircraft separation; Drag; Drag forces; Strategic planning; Technological innovations
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation;
- Accession Number: 01461615
- Record Type: Research project
- Source Agency: Transport Research Knowledge Centre
- Files: RiP
- Created Date: Jan 3 2013 1:49PM