Blast Testing of Full-Scale, Precast, Prestressed Concrete Girder Bridges
The objective of this research project are to: (1) assess the damage done to precast, prestressed girder bridges from a blast generated below the girders; (2) compare this damage with a blast generated on top of the bridge deck; and (3) develop recommendations for possible mitigation measures that would harden this type of bridge blast damage.
- Record URL:
- This project is a Washington State DOT led pooled fund study.
- Status: Active
Olympia, WA USA 98504
- Start Date: 20050000
- Source Data: RiP Project 11007
- TRT Terms: Blast cleaning; Bridge decks; Bridge engineering; Girder bridges; Maintenance; Precast concrete; Prestressed concrete; Prestressed concrete bridges; Research projects
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Research; I30: Materials;
- Accession Number: 01460670
- Record Type: Research project
- Source Agency: Washington State Department of Transportation
- Contract Numbers: TPF-5(115)
- Files: RiP, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jan 3 2013 1:29PM