Develop a Consultant Management Estimating Tool
Under this research project an automated Consultant Resource Estimating Tool will be developed. This tool will be used to perform level of effort estimates for highway design and bridge design projects. It is expected that the estimating tool will be computer-based, and be based on level of effort data from completed Consultant Design Projects. A database of completed design projects and the level of effort to complete each design project will be developed. The Consultant and DOT Staff will develop/refine this database and the Consultant will model it into a usable format. Desired Outcome: At the conclusion of this research project the Department will have a computer-based estimating system which can be used by Consultant Managers to determine the level of Design effort for Consultant Assignments. The database will be composed of completed project design costs. This system will give a new Consultant Manager an advantage by making decisions based on the experience of retired and older Managers passed down on the database.
- The last meeting was on December 21, 2006. An RFP was drafted and submitted to Research & Policy Studies for review & approval. The TWG is working with Will Schraft, FHWA, to develop the best format for the project database. The format will follow the latest updated Scope of Services format.
- Status: Active
New York State Department of Transportation50 Wolf Road
Albany, NY USA 12232
- Start Date: 20071130
- Actual Completion Date: 20091130
- Source Data: RiP Project 13538
- TRT Terms: Consultants; Database management systems; Databases; Design; Estimating; Management; Management information systems; Research projects
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 01460376
- Record Type: Research project
- Source Agency: New York State Department of Transportation
- Files: RiP, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jan 3 2013 1:23PM