Long Term Maintenance of Load and Resistance Factor Specifications
The objective of this project is to provide timely assistance to the AASHTO Highway Subcommittee on Bridges and Structures in interpreting, implementing, revising, and refining the AASHTO load and resistance factor documents. This effort will include the following tasks: (1) Resolve areas in load and resistance factor documents requiring modification, clarification, or interpretation; (2) Assist the technical committee of the bridge committee with special interpretations of the load and resistance factor documents; (3) Prepare and submit recommended revisions or new provisions, with supporting documentation, for the load and resistance factor documents, based on the work performed under Tasks 1 and 2, in format suitable for consideration for adoption by the bridge committee; and (4) Maintain a 'Load and Resistance Factor Home Page'.
- The Iowa Department of Transportation and AASHTO are the lead agencies in this pooled fund study.
- Status: Completed
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Start Date: 20030101
- Expected Completion Date: 0
- Actual Completion Date: 0
- Source Data: RiP Project 7876
- TRT Terms: Bridges; Loads; Long range planning; Maintenance; Maintenance practices; Reports; Research projects; Resistance (Mechanics); Specifications; Structures
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; Research; I30: Materials;
- Accession Number: 01459238
- Record Type: Research project
- Source Agency: Iowa Department of Transportation
- Files: RiP, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jan 3 2013 12:59PM