Demonstration and Evaluation of ITS Technology for the Rural Highway Environment a.k.a "FRONTIER"
The objective of this project is to investigate the feasibility of ITS technology applied on two-lane rural roadways and to identify candidate sites for selected demonstration of ITS technology and to evaluate and document the benefits of ITS technology in the rural highway environment.
- Pooled Fund study partners include Departments of Transportation from the following states: CA, ID, MT, OR, TX, UT, WA, and WY.
- Status: Completed
P.O. Box 201001
Helena, MT United States 59620-1001
Montana State University, BozemanCollege of Engineering
Bozeman, MT United States 59717
- Start Date: 20030501
- Expected Completion Date: 0
- Actual Completion Date: 0
- Source Data: RiP Project 8186
- TRT Terms: Evaluation; Intelligent transportation systems; Research projects; Rural highways; Technology; Two lane highways
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Research;
- Accession Number: 01459154
- Record Type: Research project
- Source Agency: Montana Department of Transportation
- Contract Numbers: SPR-3(039)
- Files: RIP, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jan 3 2013 12:57PM