Adaptive Control Software (ACS) "Lite"
The objective of the ACS Lite project is to provide adaptive control of traffic signals through existing closed-loop systems to meet the needs of traffic agencies operating closed loop systems. The ACS Lite project will focus on current already existing closed loop systems and enhance the master controllers selection to provide a signal-timing plan optimized for the network's current condition. This will be done by developing an ACS Lite prototype that will analyze the detector data from the intersections part of the closed loop system and create an optimized timing plan for the current traffic demands. The optimized timing plans will be sent by the ACS Lite prototype to the master controller, which will transfer these plans to the local controllers for implementation. This project will also focus on making maximum use of the infrastructure of the existing traffic control systems.
- Status: Active
Washington, DC United States 20590
Siemens Gardner Transportation Systems,
- Start Date: 20020207
- Expected Completion Date: 0
- Actual Completion Date: 20050207
- Source Data: RiP Project 10929
- TRT Terms: Adaptive control; Infrastructure; Optimization; Research projects; Signalization; Signalized intersections; Traffic control devices; Traffic signals
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Research;
- Accession Number: 01458607
- Record Type: Research project
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Files: RiP, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 3 2013 12:46PM