Mitigating and Preventing MoDOT Safety-Related Incidents through Root-Cause Elimination and Utilization of Leading Safety Indicators
A top priority for Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) is to prevent worker injury and fatalities. Part of preventing accidents is to get at the root causes of incidents and develop leading safety indicators. This project will analyze incident reports on Missouri highway projects and use statistical modeling to determine the root-causes of incidents that have occurred. The researchers will survey contractors and MoDOT staff of current safety policies and to determine what leading safety indicators they utilize and evaluate if they match with the root-causes identified through the modeling. Deliverables will include new leading safety performance measurements, a plan for monitoring, and evaluation policies to be considered by MoDOT.
- Status: Active
- Funding: $249,999
P.O. Box 270
Jefferson City, MO United States 65102
416 S 6th St.
Columbia, Missouri United States 65201
El-Adaway, Islam H.
- Start Date: 20220901
- Expected Completion Date: 20240501
- Actual Completion Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Construction projects; Occupational safety; Performance measurement
- Identifier Terms: Missouri Department of Transportation
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 01851121
- Record Type: Research project
- Source Agency: Missouri Department of Transportation
- Contract Numbers: TR202212
- Files: RIP, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jul 8 2022 4:25PM