Have Minnesota's Warmer Winters Increased the Number of Freeze Thaw Cycles?
This study would attempt to quantify the number of freeze/thaw events daily, monthly, and annually from historical temperature records, freeze gauges, and other data. It would also attempt to collect ground/pavement temperature and study its correlation with air temperature during freeze/thaw events.
- Status: Completed
- Funding: $59,984.00
St Paul, MN United States 55155
2711 South Loop Drive, Suite 4700
Ames, Iowa United States 50010-8664
- Start Date: 20201016
- Expected Completion Date: 20210831
- Actual Completion Date: 0
- Accession Number: 01727581
- Record Type: Research project
- Source Agency: Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Contract Numbers: 1036334 WO#4
- Files: RIP, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jan 14 2020 12:31PM